At eNow, we not only believe in renewable solutions for the transportation industry—we make them a reality.
We are an innovative, clean-technology company specializing in renewable energy systems. That means striking the perfect balance between sustainability, regulatory compliance and significant return on investment. Our goal is to provide industry-specific solar solutions to companies that embrace profit, planet, and people.
eNow debuted in 2011 with a focus on the trucking industry. Our proprietary, patent-pending solar systems economically convert, store and distribute electricity, powering applications such as lift gates, in-cab HVAC, refrigeration, telematics and hotel loads like appliances and lighting. eNow’s solar panels range from 25-375 watts, and our systems go up to 6 kilowatts. We have installed more than 4,500 systems across the country. The use of our systems is still being explored in other industries, with inroads already present in boating, RVs and other fields.
eNow has partnered with Canadian Solar to produce our proprietary solar photovoltaic (PV) panels. Canadian Solar acquired a minority equity interest in eNow in 2017, expanding not only eNow’s future reach, but also its historical relevance. Canadian Solar was founded in 2001 with a 3-watt solar power battery trickle charging system for cars; it shipped 200,000 units the first year with a revenue of more than $3 million. Canadian Solar Chairman and CEO Dr. Shawn Qu noted that eNow’s power management for the commercial transportation industry is “a big step forward” from Canadian Solar’s initial product—and the result will be a significant impact on both fuel costs and vehicle emissions. eNow systems increase output by 25-30% over other existing systems.
eNow’s leadership is steeped in solar expertise. Founder Jeffrey Flath, for example, was instrumental in the creation of a solar-powered billboard while president of Cooley Group, a global leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance, flexible composites. Bob Doane, VP of Technology, has more than 30 years of experience in advanced technologies, including commercial-scale solar development. And Philip Pierce, eNow Research & Development Associate, has more than 35 years of experience working with advanced technology systems, most notably at Lockheed Martin Corporation. Other eNow leaders have extensive backgrounds in technology, mechanical/electrical infrastructure applications, executive manufacturing management, and commercial transportation industry sales.
The eNow Difference
eNow was founded as an energy company, with solar just one part of our solution. Our systems are sophisticated and dependable, and we’re not distracted by other technologies.
The eNow solar-powered no-idle charging system delivers consistent results. Among its benefits:
- Superior durability. eNow components are designed to withstand the elements. eNow panels are covered with a sheet of ETFE (similar to Tefzel, known for high corrosion resistance and strength over a wide temperature range).
- Lightweight, flexible and aerodynamic panels and mounting system. At less than 0.6 pounds per square foot and under 1/8-inch thick, eNow’s panels and mounting system are designed to be aerodynamic with low overhead clearance and wind drag.
- Maximum power. eNow’s charge control uses a Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technique and multi-cell level diodes to deliver the most power, even in low-light operation.
- Optimized for medium- and heavy-duty vehicle use. eNow systems can be used by Class 4-8 trucks, buses and military vehicles with 12-24VDC flooded lead acid, absorbed glass mat (AGM), gel or lithium-ion battery systems; auxiliary batteries can fully charge without assistance from another source.
- Reliability. eNow panels have undergone extensive testing, including International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) certification.
- Quiet and clean operation. Roof-mounted solar provides a silent and emissions-free source of energy.